Hotel and Restaurant General Manager
- Full-time (live-in preferable)
We are looking for a General Manager who will be a positive part of the growing family at the Buckhorn; someone who is energetic and passionate about hospitality and wants to create a warm and inviting space. They must be excited to push this project forward through the renovation and towards new initiatives. As we move forwards, we will want to organize events and be actively involved in the New Cuyama community. We need someone who is results-driven and proactive. The GM will be collaborating in the decision-making process for policies, goals, and direction of the Buckhorn, as well as responsible for the implementation of those policies and goals.
This position is hands-on; you will be running both the restaurant and 22-room hotel, which includes interfacing with staff as well as customers.
As the General Manager, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Day-to-day operations of the entire property
- Hiring of all staff
- Management of digital operational systems
- Staff training to maintain a high standard of service
- Provide leadership and direction to all departments
- Monitoring and controlling hotel’s budgets and P&L to ensure operational expenses and labor costs are met
- Report back to owners with financial reports and any issues that may arise
- Coming up with creative ideas for the property to drive sales, improve the facility, increase staff engagement and morale, and improve guest experience
- Collaborating and implementing marketing and sales initiatives with the owners
- Building positive relationships with guests, staff, potential clients, owners, suppliers, and members of the local community
- Being available off-hours, if/when necessary
- 3-4 years in a leadership role in hospitality, preferably a hotel
- Has been on an opening team of a restaurant/hotel, a plus!
- Good understanding of the financials in a hotel setting
- A people person to be able to build relationships
- Live-in not mandatory, but preferable
Can also be a great opportunity for a couple, family or local farm/ranch family.